Chicken Spring Rolls Recipe
This chicken spring rolls recipe is crunchy and flavorful in every bite. Leftover chicken, frozen veggies, spring rolls and a few more simple ingredients are all you need for this tasty spring roll.
Craving spring rolls? I had some leftover chicken from yesterday’s roasted chicken. This spring rolls is perfect for this recipe. Paired with onion, garlic and frozen veggies. There rolls are tasty and so easy to make. This easy recipe is perfect for making a large batch to stock pile in your freezer. Whenever you are craving spring rolls, you can take them out of the freezer to cook. Skip the take out spring rolls and make your own instead.
Don’t forget the sweet chili sauce.
I chose these spring rolls as they have thin texture and very crispy on every bite. Don’t forget to dip this deliciousness with your favorite chili sauce!
Ready to try some spring rolls?
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken
- 2 Cups Frozen Mixed Vegetable
- 12 pieces of spring rolls, defrosted
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- dash of ground pepper
- dash of salt
- oil to saute garlic and onion
- Oil for frying the spring rolls
- chili sauce for dipping sauce
- Turn stove on to low heat. Add olive oil to cover all of the pan. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the onions and saute for approximately 2 minutes.
- Turn stove to medium heat. Add the frozen vegetables. Add the water. Once water is absorbed and frozen vegetables are almost cooked, add the shredded chicken. Turn stove to low medium heat. Mix ingredients in the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Let mixture absorb into pan for few minutes. Turn off heat. Let mixture cool.
- Once the meat and veggies filling is cooled, you are now ready to start filling the spring rolls.
- Open your spring rolls package. Place the egg roll in diamond shape towards you.
- Add 2 1/2 spoonfuls of the filling.
- Take the bottom part and fold up. Take the right part and fold as well
- Take the left part and fold.
- Roll up your spring roll. Brush the top edges with water or egg wash.
- Keep rolling your spring rolls. Repeat steps #4 through #7 until all spring roll sheets are stuffed with the filling mixture. Your spring rolls are ready to go inside the pan.
- Turn a large pan to medium heat. Add oil for frying. As soon as the oil is hot in the pan, add the egg rolls. Depending on the size of your frying pan, you can add 5 to 6 spring rolls in the pan to fry at a time. Fry the spring rolls approximately 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Place the cooked spring rolls on a large plate with paper towel to drain.
- You can eat these spring rolls as an appetizer or as a meal paired with steamed rice.