HOW TO MAKE FILIPINO LUMPIA
Craving Filipino spring rolls? This filipino lumpia is stuffed with fresh vegetables and lean ground meat. This recipe post shows you how to roll lumpia step by step. I am excited to share this recipe with you today. Let’s do this.
Filipino lumpia is a traditional Filipino spring roll that is filled with meat and fresh vegetables. I enjoy making these spring rolls, especially when fresh veggies are in season. This lumpia is filled with carrots, cabbage, green beans. I used lean ground beef for the meat. You can also substitute the meat with ground turkey, ground chicken, or ground pork.
Place the egg roll in diamond shape towards you.
Add 2 1/2 spoonfuls of the filling.
Take the bottom part and fold up. Take the right part and fold as well.
Take the left part and fold.
Roll up your spring roll. Brush the top edges with water using your finger or egg wash using a pastry brush.
Keep rolling your spring rolls. Once you reach the end part of the roll, make sure you tuck the end of the roll tight. Repeat steps #1 through #6 until all spring roll sheets are stuffed with the filling mixture.
Voila! Your spring rolls are ready to go inside the pan to fry. Fry the spring rolls approximately 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Place the cooked spring rolls on a large plate with paper towel to drain.
Your lumpia is now ready to eat. Enjoy the crunchiness and deliciousness of each bite.
Don’t forget the sweet chili sauce
You can eat these spring rolls as an appetizer or as a meal paired with steamed organic rice.
One of the best things about making this dish is that you can make a large batch and freeze for later. Whenever you are craving spring rolls, you can take them out of the freezer to cook. Skip the take out spring rolls and make your own instead.
I will be sharing with you my vegetable spring rolls dish in the near future.
Have you planned your weekly menu yet? Subscribe today and receive a free food menu printable.
Did you like this post? I love it when you tweet or pin or stumble to share with your friends. Thank you for stopping by.
Are you ready to make lumpia for your next meal? Once you make these crunchy lumpia, they won’t last long. This filipino lumpia is crunchy, delicious, and easy to make. This lumpia is delicious (masarap).
What is your favorite spring roll? I would love to hear from you.
Craving more spring rolls? This chicken spring rolls is tasty and so easy to make. Check it out this chicken spring rolls recipe.
- 1 Package of Spring Rolls (25 pieces contained in 1 package)
- 1 1/2 lean ground beef (choose grass fed ground beef, if possible)
- 1 Tablespoon Oil for sauteing the vegetables
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Large Carrots, chopped
- 1 Cup Green Beans or Sugar Snap Peas, chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Vinegar
- Dash Of Ground Black Pepper for seasoning
- Small Bowl of Water for brushing the edges of the spring rolls
- Oil for cooking the spring rolls
- Sweet Chili Sauce for Dipping Sauce
- Turn stove on to low heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the onions and saute for approximately 2 minutes. Move the sauteed onions and garlic to the half side of the pan. Then add the carrots, green beans, cabbage to the empty half side of the pan. Saute for approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook for approximately 8 to 10 minutes until meat is no longer pink. Drain fat from the pan. Add the soy sauce, vinegar. Add a dash of ground black pepper. Stir all ingredients in pan. Turn heat to low. Let mixture absorb into pan for approximately 3 minutes. Turn off heat. Let mixture cool.
- Once the meat and veggies filling is cooled, you are now ready to start filling the spring rolls.
- Open your spring rolls package. Place the egg roll in diamond shape towards you.
- Add 2 1/2 spoonfuls of the filling.
- Take the bottom part and fold up. Take the right part and fold as well
- Take the left part and fold.
- Roll up your spring roll. Brush the top edges with water or egg wash.
- Keep rolling your spring rolls. Repeat steps #4 through #7 until all spring roll sheets are stuffed with the filling mixture. Your spring rolls are ready to go inside the pan.
- Turn a large pan to medium heat. Add oil for frying. As soon as the oil is hot in the pan, add the egg rolls. Depending on the size of your frying pan, you can add 5 to 6 spring rolls in the pan to fry at a time. Fry the spring rolls approximately 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Place the cooked spring rolls on a large plate with paper towel to drain.
- You can eat these spring rolls as an appetizer or as a meal paired with steamed rice.