HOW TO MAKE FILIPINO LUMPIA
Craving Filipino food spring rolls? This filipino lumpia is stuffed with fresh vegetables and lean ground meat. This recipe post shows you how to roll lumpia step by step. I am excited to share this recipe with you today. Let’s do this.
Filipino lumpia is a traditional Filipino spring roll that is filled with meat and fresh vegetables. Lumpia is a favorite dish especially at family gatherings, birthday parties. I enjoy making these spring rolls, especially when fresh veggies are in season. This lumpia is filled with carrots, cabbage, green beans. I used lean ground beef for the meat. You can also substitute the meat with ground turkey, ground chicken, or ground pork.
Place the egg roll in diamond shape towards you.
Add 2 1/2 spoonfuls of the filling.
Take the bottom part and fold up. Take the right part and fold as well.
Take the left part and fold.
Roll up your spring roll. Brush the top edges with water using your finger or egg wash using a pastry brush.
Keep rolling your spring rolls. Once you reach the end part of the roll, make sure you tuck the end of the roll tight. Repeat steps #1 through #6 until all spring roll sheets are stuffed with the filling mixture.
Voila! Your spring rolls are ready to go inside the pan to fry. Fry the spring rolls approximately 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until golden brown. Place the cooked spring rolls on a cooling rack to drain.
Your lumpia is now ready to eat. Enjoy the crunchiness and deliciousness of each bite.
You can eat these spring rolls as an appetizer or as a meal paired with steamed organic rice.
One of the best things about making this dish is that you can make a large batch and freeze for later. Whenever you are craving spring rolls, you can take them out of the freezer to cook. Skip the take out spring rolls and make your own instead.
I will be sharing with you my vegetable spring rolls dish in the near future.
Have you planned your weekly menu yet? Subscribe today and receive a free food menu printable.
Did you like this post? I love it when you tweet or pin or stumble to share with your friends. Thank you for stopping by.
Are you ready to make lumpia for your next meal? Once you make these crunchy lumpia, they won’t last long. This filipino lumpia is golden crunchy, delicious, and easy to make. This lumpia is masarap (means delicious in Tagalog).
What is your favorite spring roll? I would love to hear from you.
Craving more spring rolls? This chicken spring rolls is tasty and so easy to make. Check it out this chicken spring rolls recipe.
Do you like to shop at Amazon.com? Check out my recommendation shopping page today. Thanks so much.
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 24 pieces of spring rolls
- 1 Tbsp. oil for sauteing
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Cup carrots, cubed
- 1 Cup Green cabbage, chopped
- 1 Cup frozen green peas
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Oil for frying the spring rolls
- A bowl of water or 1 Large egg for brushing the edges of spring rolls
- Sweet chili sauce for dipping the spring rolls! YUMMY!
- Place a large pan on top of the stove. Turn stove on to low to medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp. oil into the pan, making sure all surface of the pan is coated.
- Add the garlic ad saute for 1 min. Add the onions and saute for approximately 2 minutes. Then add the carrots, frozen peas and saute for 2 minutes. Add the frozen peas and saute for 2 minutes.
- Turn the stove up to medium to high heat and add the ground pork and let it cook for approximately 8 minutes until meat is cooked. Drain fat from the pan. Turn the stove down to low heat. Add the soy sauce, vinegar. Add the ground black pepper. Stir all ingredients in the pan. Let mixture cool.
- Place the meat filling into a colander to drain. Doing this helps the spring roll from getting soggy.
- Once the meat filling is cooled and drained, you are now ready to start filling the spring rolls.
- Open your spring rolls package, Place the egg roll in diamond shape towards you.
- Add 2 1/2 Tablespoons of the filing inside the spring roll.
- Take the bottom part and fold up. Take the right part and fold as well.
- Take the left part and fold.
- Roll up your spring roll. Brush the top edges with water using your finger or egg wash using a pastry brush.
- Keep rolling your spring rolls. Once you reach the end part of the roll, make sure you tuck the end of the roll tight. Repeat steps #1 through #6 until all spring roll sheets are stuffed with the filling mixture.
- Your spring rolls are ready to go inside the pan to fry. Fry the spring rolls approximately 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until golden brown. Place the cooked spring rolls on a cooling rack.