Quinoa Broccoli Bowl
This quinoa broccoli bowl is tasty and delicious.
Quinoa is one of my favorite when it comes to plant based protein. This quinoa bowl mixed with broccoli and crunchy garbanzo beans is a great combination of tasty, healthy flavors. If you are looking for meatless meals to try, quinoa and broccoli is a good option.
For the quinoa ingredient, I chose Ancient Harvest Grain (Harmony Blend), it’s a combination of organic white, red & black quinoa. Quinoa is a good source of protein, iron, manganese, just to name a few.
I enjoy making this delicious quinoa veggie bowl especially when broccoli is in season. Broccoli is a super food known for its Vitamin C, K, fiber just to name a few.
This quinoa with broccoli is a simple go to dish you can make any time. You can also make a large batch of this salad and place in small containers and store in the fridge. Whenever you’re craving a healthy dish at anytime, you can just take a good bite of this tasty dish.
What is your favorite way to eat quinoa?
- 1/2 Cup Dried Quinoa
- 1 Cup Water
- Dash of Salt
- 1 Medium head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/8 Cup Red Onions, thinly slice
- 1/2 cup of garbanzo beans
- Handful of Shredded cheese
- Optional: A zest from organic lemon
- For the quinoa: Add 1/2 cup of quinoa, 1 cup of water, dash of salt in a saucepan, bring to a boil. Cover pan with a lid, simmer for 15- 20 minutes. Turn off heat. Let quinoa cool for few minutes.
- For the broccoli: When quinoa has approximately 10 minutes left, heat a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and let it boil for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the broccoli from the saucepan. Let broccoli cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa, cooked broccoli. Mixed together. Top with garbanzo beans, shredded cheese, zest from a lemon. Mix all ingredients.