These quinoa stuffed peppers are delicious and easy to make. Bell peppers are one of my favorite vegetables and I am excited to share this recipe with you. Bell Peppers are a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, just to name a few. For the quinoa ingredient, I used Ancient Harvest Grain (Harmony Blend), it’s a combination of organic white, red & black quinoa. The combination of the quinoa and roasted bell peppers make this quinoa stuffed bell pepper recipe a fresh, tasty, satisfying dish.
Craving more quinoa? This quinoa salad is crunchy and delicious.
What is your favorite quinoa dish? I can’t wait to hear from you.
Did you enjoy this post? Don’t forget to pin or stumble with your family and friends. Thanks for stopping by.
- 4 Medium Bell Peppers
- ½ of small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- Dash of Shredded Cheese (Optional)
- ¼ Cup Quinoa
- ½ Cup Water
- Turn 2 stoves on to low to medium heat. Place 2 Bell Peppers on each stove. Roast Peppers on stove approximately 6 to 8 minutes on each side.
- After peppers are first placed on the stove, start cooking the quinoa. For Quinoa:Add ¼ cup of quinoa and ½ cup of water in a saucepan, bring to a boil. Cover pan with a lid, simmer for 15- 20 minutes.
- When peppers are roasting to the second side, place a small pan to a new stove. Turn stove on to low heat. Add ½ teaspoon olive oil to the pan. Add the garlic, onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add tomato to the pan and stir ingredients in the pan. Saute for 1 minute. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
- When peppers are ready, set aside and let cool for a few minutes. Then cut each pepper in half and place on a plate. Add quinoa inside each pepper, top with the onions and tomato mixture. Top off with shredded cheese. Enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Don't Forget to use the Yum button to save this recipe to your personal recipe box.Thank you.