Simple Spanish Rice
This simple spanish rice is flavorful and is ready to eat in 20 minutes or less.
Fresh tomato and smashed garlic pureed together is what makes this rice dish flavorful. Top this dish with cumin spice and ground pepper. Simple yet delicious combination of flavors from the tomato puree and cumin and pepper spice.
This dish is an easy go-to rice recipe you can make anytime. You can also make a large batch and store in the fridge to reheat for leftovers.
Are you craving more rice dish? This turmeric rice is yummy.
What is your favorite rice dish? I would love to hear from you.
- 1 Cup Basmati or Jasmine Rice
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Large Tomato, roughly chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- Dash of ground black pepper
- Dash of Ground Cumin Spice
- Place tomato and garlic in food processor. Blend / Puree until smooth.
- Add the pureed tomato and garlic in a sauce pan.
- Add the rice. Then add the water. Bring to a boil. Cover pan with a lid partially, simmer for 17 to 18 minutes. Turn off heat. Transfer rice into a large serving bowl. Add ground black pepper and dash of cumin. Fluff with a fork.