Craving tacos for dinner tonight? These slow cooker pork carnitas are tender and juicy. Slow cooker pork carnitas is a simple go-to meal you can make especially on those days you’re craving a delicious yet easy taco meal. The wonderful aroma of the cumin, coriander, marjoram, thyme, spices in this recipe is so inviting.
Top these pork carnitas with lettuce, onions, shredded cheese, avocado and more.
What is your favorite taco toppings?
Have you planned your weekly menu yet? Subscribe today and receive a free food menu printable.
- 4 lbs. of Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt Roast
- Olive Oil for browning the Pork
- 4 Cloves Smashed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp. Coriander
- 1/2 Tbsp. Thyme
- 1 Tsp. Marjoram
- Dash of Salt
- Dash of Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Cups of Water
- Taco Toppings:
- Corn tortillas
- Shredded Lettuce
- Shredded Cheese
- Red Onions
- Mix the cumin, dried oregano, coriander, thyme, marjoram, salt, pepper in a small bowl. Then rub these spices on all sides of the pork.
- Turn stove on to medium heat. Add olive oil to the pan. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the pork on to the pan and brown on all sides, for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Place the sauteed garlic, pork to slow cooker.Then add water to the slow cooker.
- Set your slow cooker to low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the cooked pork carnitas with a fork.