Spinach, Strawberry and Quinoa Salad
This spinach, strawberry and quinoa salad is delicious and easy to make.
Spinach and strawberries are in season and I enjoy making this salad especially when they are in season. Strawberries are known for its Vitamin C, fiber just to name a few. Conventional strawberries are usually grown in soil that was saturated with fungicide prior to planting. Choose organic strawberries, if possible.
Spinach is known for its Vitamin K, A, folate, just to name a few. Boiling the spinach for a minute or so helps reduce the oxalic acid in this vegetable.
Spinach is a slow growing plant that when harvested, is typically covered in dirt. Choose organic spinach, if possible.
For the quinoa ingredient, I used Ancient Harvest Grain (Harmony Blend), it’s a combination of organic white, red & black quinoa. Quinoa is a good source of protein, iron, manganese, just to name a few.
This spinach, strawberry quinoa salad is mixed with fresh arugula, navel oranges, red onions, carrots, walnuts. The sweetness of the strawberries complements the spinach greens and peppery arugula flavors. Top this salad with your favorite dressing. This salad is crunchy, tasty, and delicious.
This salad is a simple go-to salad for anytime of the day. It is easy to make and it is ready to eat in less than 30 minutes. You can also make a large batch of this salad and place in small containers and store in the fridge. Whenever you’re craving a healthy dish at anytime, you can just grab your Spinach, Strawberry and Quinoa salad from the fridge anytime. What are you waiting for?
INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS QUINOA SALAD RECIPE:
Are you craving just an arugula salad? Check out this easy to make arugula salad.
What is your favorite topping for quinoa salad? Tell me in the comment section.
Did you like this post? I would love for you to stumble or pin or tweet to share with your friends. Thank you for stopping by.
- 1/2 Cup Dried Quinoa
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 Cup Of Spinach, (Chopped)
- 1 1/2 Cup Arugula, (Chopped)
- 1 Large Carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 1 Cup Strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1/8 Cup Red Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small navel orange, chopped
- A handful of Walnuts
- A Dash or more of your favorite salad dressing
- Add 1/2 cup of quinoa and 1 cup of water in a saucepan, bring to a boil. Cover pan with a lid, simmer for 15- 20 minutes. Turn off heat. Let quinoa cool for few minutes.
- Bring a small sauce pan to a boil. Add spinach and let it boil for at least 1 minute. Drain from pan, let spinach cool for a few minutes.
- When quinoa is cooled, place quinoa in a large bowl. Add spinach. Add arugula.
- Add lettuce, red onions,orange, walnuts.
- Top with your favorite salad dressing. Mix all ingredients in the bowl together.