Turmeric Rice Recipe
This tasty turmeric rice recipe has minimal ingredients and is ready to eat in 20 minutes or less.
Have you heard about the numerous benefits from the golden yellow turmeric spice?
Turmeric spice is known for its manganese, iron, Vitamin B6 just to name a few.
Choose an organic turmeric spice, if possible.
This dish is an easy go-to rice recipe you can make anytime. You can also make a large batch and store in the fridge to reheat for leftovers. This recipe has 5 ingredients in this simple, yet delicious rice dish. Are you craving protein to pair with this rice dish? This juicy jerk chicken recipe hits the spot.
Craving cilantro? This turmeric cilantro rice is also delicious. What is your favorite turmeric dish? I would love to hear from you.
- 1 Cup Basmati or Jasmine Rice
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/4 to 1/2 Teaspoon of Turmeric Spice
- A Dab Or More of unsalted Butter
- A Dash of Ground Black Pepper
- Add 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water in a saucepan, bring to a boil. Add turmeric spice and butter. Cover pan with a lid, simmer for 15 to 18 minutes until all water is absorbed. Turn off heat.
- Add ground black pepper. Mix in to the rice and fluff altogether.